Saturday, December 8, 2012

Redfield Raider 550 Rangefinder Testimonial





Redfield Raider 550 Rangefinder Testimonial


Growing up in a shotgun only state for deer, the vast majority of my experiences with shooting involved scatterguns for upland birds and slugguns for deer.  Since picking up a high powered rifle a few years back due to my relocation to South Dakota, my confidence in distance shooting has been lacking. 

After a few years of passing up deer at longer distances, I finally broke down and got a Redfield Raider 550 rangefinder.  Coupled with some time at the shooting range, having the rangefinder gave me the confidence I needed to take a 220-yard shot across a large ravine at this nice mule deer buck.  It wasn’t the longest shot ever recorded, but this old shotgun slugger wouldn’t have even attempted the shot without the aid of the Redfield 550 rangefinder.  

           

I also had the opportunity to hunt cow elk in the Black Hills of South Dakota this October.  The terrain in the Hills can be big country compared to a prairie deer hunt.  With distance shooting the norm during most elk hunts, the Redfield 550 rangefinder was utilized early and often!  Large valleys that appeared to be too far across for a shot often ended up being 400-yards or less.  While I failed to get a shot a cow elk, it was the experience of a lifetime.  Thanks for providing me with the tool needed to build my confidence for both deer and elk hunting.  The rangefinder performed great and is well worth the money!

 Geno Adams-Pierre, SD


No comments: